For a good treatment it is necessary that I, as your therapist, prepare a file. This is also a statutory duty imposed by the WGBO. Your file contains notes about your state of health and data about the examinations and treatments performed.
Also included in the file are data that are necessary for your treatment and that, after your explicit consent, I have requested from another care provider, for example from the general practitioner.
I treat your personal and medical data with care, in order to guarantee your privacy. As your attending therapist, I have sole access to the data in your file. I have a legal duty of confidentiality (professional secrecy).
The data from your file can also be used for the following purposes:
- To inform other health care providers, for example when the therapy has been completed or when referring to another therapist. This only happens with your explicit permission.
- For use for observations, during my absence
- for the anonymised use during peer review.
- A small part of the data from your file is used for the financial administration, so that I can draw up an invoice
- If I want to use your data for another reason, I will first inform you and ask your permission explicitly.
This data in the client file is kept for 15 years, as required by the law on the treatment agreement.
PRIVACY ON THE INVOICE
The care bill you receive includes the information requested by the health insurer, so that you can, if possible, declare this bill to your health insurer.
- Your name, address and place of residence
- your date of birth
- the date of treatment
- a brief description of the treatment, i.e. naturopathic consultation
- the costs of the consultation