What is Burnout? a WORK RELATED SYNDROME!
According to the practical experts, designing a cause in burnout is a nuanced story, in which there is a complex interplay between – in most cases – the core of the story, namely the work situation and additional factors, in particular the private environment and the personal vulnerabilities of the individual. There is imbalance between high (work) requirements and insufficient resources.
Core elements: extreme fatigue, loss of control, over emotional and cognitive processes and mental distancing from work
Secondary symptoms: depressed mood, behavioral and psychosomatic stress complaints.
What is burnout PHYSICALLY seen? ADRENAL EXHAUSTION!
What is the task of the adrenal glands:
Helping the body deal with STRESS and to survive, or taking care of the possibility of fighting (Fight), fleeing (Flight) or freezing (Freeze). Resilience, energy, perseverance and your life all depend on the proper functioning of your adrenal glands and other hormone glands.
The adrenals respond the same to all types of stress (exercise, temperature fluctuations, infections, bleeding etc.). The adrenal exhaustion begins when the body / adrenal glands are no longer able to make the right adjustments to these stress forms. Burnout – adrenal exhaustion therefore occurs when the amount of stress exceeds the body’s own capacity (very personal, varies in time / events), mediated by the adrenal glands to compensate for and cure that stress
The cause of adrenal depletion is too low cortisol levels (an adrenal hormone) or inadequate amounts when more is needed. Hormones are messenger substances that are made in certain glands and that influence other organs / tissues through the blood.
ANATOMY/FYSIOLOGY adrenal glands:
The adrenal glands lie on the kidneys near the spine. They are as large as a walnut and as light as a grape.
The adrenal glands are hormone glands and have nothing to do with a “bee” function of the kidneys. They are also called “stress” glands. The adrenal glands consist of several compartments, including adrenal cortex and marrow. In the table below you can read which hormones are produced where and what function they provide in the body.
The HPA axis – Hypothalamus – Hypophysis – Adrenal axis
(H = Hypothalamus, P = Pituitary A = Adrenals
The HPA axis is one of the most important elements of the entire body process, called homeostasis. It ensures a constant internal biochemical and physiological balance
CORTISOL is regulated by the brain through a negative feedback system.
Reacts like a thermostat in a house, Thermostat records heat in the room and compares it with the desired temperature at which it is set.
Hypothalamus is thermostat (direction)
Hypophysis is an inflammatory button (contractor)
Heating is adrenal glands – heat output Cortisol and other adrenal hormones
Stress in whatever form causes adrenaline to be produced and afterwards cortisol is needed to restore the body to its original state before the relevant stress factor occurred. Accumulation of small stress factors or long-term stress eventually ensures that the elongation is out of the adrenal glands and exhaustion occurs. Compare it with an elastic that has been stretched several times and has become so weak that it breaks.
ADRENAL HORMONES and their FUNCTIONS:
|Reacts to flight/fightsituations , makes the body ready to act
|ADRENAL CORTEX – 3 zones. Produces more than 50 (pre)hormones
|Regulation of sodium/potassium and
moisture volume (secretion salt by kidneys)
|In the adrenal cortex mainly steroïds are formed. These are hormones prepared from CHOLESTEROL that is stored in the middle layers of the adrenal cortex, but has no hormonal action itself
|Control of metabolism of fats, proteins and carbohydrates in connection with:
bloodsugarregulation, anti-inflammatory, modification of immunerespons, tension of heart and bloodvessels, stimulation of Central nervous system, normalization of stress respons
|lack of adrenal cortex is incompatible with life
|Progesterone, Estrogene, testosterone, androstenedioneDHEA
|Anti-oxidant, tissuerepair, sex hormone, balances cortisol, anti-aging function
CAUSE adrenal exhaustion:
- CHRONIC STRESS (unconscious / conscious)
- Of a physical nature: such as UNHEALTHY NUTRITION, intensive physical exertion, medication, smoking / drugs
- Of a Psychic / Emotional nature: Quarrel with…, unhappy relationship, work pressure, negative attitudes / beliefs, unemployment, fears, anger, feelings of guilt, lack of sleep
- Of Infectious nature: Acute and chronic infections (inflamed molar or worse), flu attack and all other body infections. At least 80% of diseases are caused by inflammation caused by DISEASE BACTERIA, VIRUSES and FUNGI.
- Environmental factors: Toxic substances in the environment: air and water pollution
SYMPTOMS adrenal exhaustion:
- Constant fatigue and not being rested after sleeping
- Irresistible cravings in salt or salty foods
- Everything is a tough task, even the nice things need 10x as much energy
- Decreased libido, less pleasure and happiness in life
- Excitement about things you never got excited about before
- Violent behavior on the road, reduced tolerance
- Continuing concern, yelling at your children
- Forced eating, smoking or drug use
- Longer time needed to recover from illness, injury or trauma
- Light in your head when you get up quickly
- Depressed – everything is meaningless
- Increase in PMS
- Always need coffee, cola or snacks to prevent collapse
- Less focus, blurred thoughts, indecision
- Less good memory, reduced productivity
- Joint symptoms refer to a certain degree of adrenal exhaustion
SOLUTION adrenal exhaustion
- HEALTHY FOOD:
You can read what healthy food is under the Food tab on my website. Our body needs enough natural vitamins, minerals, fatty acids and amino acids every day. A person can live for no more than a month without food and then the body stops functioning. Hormones are driven by vitamins and minerals. See for an extensive explanation in the book Vitamins & Minerals, Mirrors of the Soul, written by André Schaap and Truus Hartsink. There are a total of 4 books, in which a total of 160 vitamins, minerals, fatty acids, trace elements and their functioning in their body are described. As an example you will find below a section on how Vitamin C works on various hormone glands. One vitamin or mineral inhibits the production of certain substances and the other provides a stimulus. It is the yin / yang effects of the vitamins and minerals in our body that ensure balance. See also the description under the Psyche tab on this website.
The functioning of vit. C in the body
Pituitary / Adrenocorticotropic Hormone Vit. C. inhibits the production of ACTH in the pituitary front lobe. This reduces adrenaline production in the adrenal marrow. The cortisol and noradrenaline production in the adrenal cortex increases. This relaxes the body and reduces inflammatory responses. Due to the reduced production of adrenaline, the body is less able to deliver physical performance.
Thymus / Thymosin Under the influence of vit. C. The hormone thymosin is produced in the thymus, which increases the body’s resistance.
Adrenal glands / Aldosterone Under the influence of vit. C. reduces the production of the hormone angiotensin and therefore less aldosterone is produced in the adrenal cortex. This has a relaxing and widening effect on the kidney tubes and controls sodium and water management. The less aldosterone, the less sodium gets into the blood. This has a blood pressure lowering effect.
DHEA Vit. C. stimulates the production of dehydroëpiandrosterone that is produced in the adrenal cortex. It has an anti-oxidative and protective effect on the body. Certain fats and hormones that act on the physical body as they age are broken down.
Thyroid hormones vit. C. Increases the production of Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH) in the pituitary gland. This hormone is responsible for the production of thyroid hormones: Thyroxine, Triiodothyronine and Tetraiodothyronine, which regulate the metabolic activity and the heat regulation of the body.
Epiphysis / Serotonin Under the influence of vit. C. the production of serotonin increases. This means that more neurotransmitter substance is available in the central nervous system and the intestinal function is activated.
Melatonin The production of melatonin is controlled by vit. C. encouraged. This is the hormone that controls the sleep cycle.
- DETECTION OF MICRO-ORGANISMS AND ELIMINATION WITH BODY PROPERTIES
- SUPPORT FOR THE ADRENALS AND OTHER PHYSICAL ORGANS WITH VITAMINS/MINERALS/ACIDS, TINCTURES, BLOSSOM REMEDIES AND OTHER NATURAL SUPPORT
- TRANSFORMING EMOTIONAL / MENTAL BLOCKS:
Too many or too intense stressors leave imprints in the physical and / or emotional / mental body. By means of energetic healing, these blockages, which have been built up during your life, can be brought to the surface, felt briefly and subsequently dissolved.
People who are sensitive to burnout have the property of not being able to indicate boundaries and, in particular, display too perfectionist behavior. The development of this behavior often has its origins in childhood.
Complaints and diseases don’t just happen to you. These are a call from the soul to change “something” in your life, lifestyle, attitude. It is then time to change course.
- ELIMINATE ENERGY ROVING PEOPLE / ENERGY ROVING WORK/ACTIVITIES
- Find the work that you experience as meaningful, meaningless work depletes us. Look for activities that you really enjoy, so that this spiritual power source (singing, dancing, sports, yoga, meditation) can provide inspiring energy again.